- Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check or credit card. If paying by check, please make payable to the North Berwyn Park District.
- Proof of residency may be required at the time of registration. You are a north Berwyn resident if you live within the following boundaries: Cermak to Roosevelt Road, Harlem to Lombard Avenue.
- There will be a $20 charge for checks returned for “insufficient funds”. Also, once a check is returned you will only be able to pay by cash or cashier's check for a period of six months from the date of the returned check.
- Registration by phone will only be accepted when NO FEE is involved.
- Registration is only accepted at the park district office. Never give payment to an instructor.
- Please note that we do not prorate class fees. If you enroll late you will have to pay the entire class fee.
- Children will not be allowed to attend adult classes.
- Adults will only be allowed to watch children’s classes the first and last class meeting, with the consent of the instructor.
- A program having insufficient enrollment may be cancelled or consolidated by the North Berwyn Park District up to 24 hours before the starting time of the scheduled program. Registration will be taken after the deadline only if openings exist and only if registrations can be accommodated.
- Please inform the staff if you require any special accommodation to participate in the class.
- Registration will continue on a first-come, first-serve basis until the program is filled, unless a registration deadline is given. We will try our best to accommodate anyone who would like to be in a class that is filled.
- Various discounts may apply, please inquire at the front desk for details.
Same Fee Established For All Berwyn Residents
The North Berwyn Park District board of commissioners approved an intergovernmental agreement with the Berwyn Park District that eliminates non-resident fees for residents serviced by each respective agency. This means that residents of each district may participate in activities offered by the other district without incurring an additional out of district fee. Respective residents may also rent facilities through each agency without incurring an extra fee.
North Berwyn residents will normally receive registration priority for the first two weeks of each session. After this date, registration will be accepted at large. Per agency policy, any participant that lives outside the City of Berwyn boundaries may be charged an additional fee.
Refunds and Credits
The North Berwyn Park District will grant refunds/credits for activities as follows. (Unless otherwise indicated for a specific program.)
- Prior to the first scheduled meeting. Total Fee
- Before the second scheduled meeting. 75% of Fee
- Before the third scheduled meeting. 50% of Fee
- After the third scheduled meeting No refunds or credits.
No refunds/credits will be given for special events or trips after the registration deadline unless a replacement can be found. The supervisor reserves the right to deduct any fees for supplies that might have been purchased for your participation in the class. You may apply your credit to a household balance or choose a refund. Please note that a $2 administrative fee will be deducted from your check and our refund process takes at least 15 days. Household balances and gift certificates may be used toward any of the North Berwyn Park District’s programs. They cannot be cashed in for money.